How to carry iPad ?

G

Doesn't seem to fit a pocket. Would the screen get scratched in a briefcase ?

I'm wondering -- a little cloth bag across the chest ? Or across the back like a bicycle messenger ?

assassinraptor

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
you just hold it in your hand, thats how the commercials show it being carried around, even on a motercycle!
I think they will come out with a special carry case soon.

G

Wot ? When riding a motorcycle -- that would be criminally insane.

Glad to say, no iPad ads yet on UK TV.

The iPhone ones are annoyingly smug enough already -- "even when you're on hold the iPhone lets you....." (look other stuff up). On hold ? Who stays on hold on a mobile phone ? Certainly not if I'm paying for the call.

jwruble

Distinguished
May 31, 2010
I've carried my iPhones in my pocket since I got the 1G model -- with nary a scratch on the glass. I bought the Apple "cover" for the iPad, but I've carried my iPad in my briefcase a number of times without the cover. Again without any problems. I think the case itself is more likely to scratch than the glass.

G

Sleeve, briefcase -- this beginning to sound like carrying a netbook, but worse.

Have now seen an iPad advertisement on UK TV -- indeed someone riding pillion was carrying an iPad in one hand -- potentially dangerous as the passenger needs both hands to grip on to the bike or the rider in my experience.

Let's see if anyone sues Apple for resulting injuries.

Oh and the ad mentions that the iPad is "magic". Well that explains it, then -- no need to bore the buyer with technology.

TheGreatGrapeApe

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2003
Sleeves are OK, the one I have for our demo unit at work is very thin neopren and adds grip to it for carrying and isn't much weight at all, nor bulky.

I use a similar one for my ASUS and then stuff it inside my laptop bag or it's own when travelling (take charger and external WD HDD then too).