IPod Touch second gen

jrwizbang

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
I have a slight problem that i can not seem to find an answer to. My dad recently got a Droid Incredible and gave his iPod touch to me. Since it is now mine, i want to sync it with my computer. I signed in on the account that we use on iTunes for all of our ipods and such. But the problem is i want to put everything that's on my iPod into the iTunes library including apps, photos, songs, videos etc. I have bee given many links to third party transfer software that works okay but doesn't do everything including apps and such. If someone could tell me how to get everything from my iPod touch to my iTunes library that would be great. One more person told me to enable home sharing which i had already done but that only lets me transfer purchased songs but i want all of them. One reason i am doing this is because my dads laptop which we used to sync it with is a piece of crap and im ready to smash it to pieces because it barely works. If anyone could respond as soon as possible that would be great.

tank

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
You can't pull the apps. Songs can be easily done with third party software. Photos just get them from the computer you don't like. LOL. Probably not the answer you want but apple does a good job of not letting people take things off the ipods.

jrwizbang

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010

Well the reason im doing this is because the previous computer i synced the ipod with is a piece of crap and barely works any more so what will happen to my apps when this computer is gone? :??:

tank

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
Now that i think about it.
Your apps go to mobile applications under itunes music. You can get all your apps their. When i changed iphone from computer to computer. All of my apps when on to the new computer. When i synced my iphone. The only thing that would not go onto the new comp from my iphone was the music. I am pretty sure everything else will merge.

jrwizbang

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
When i plug in my ipod to the new computer the only options it gives me are to sync it with the itunes library on that comp. and another thing that i cant remember but also doesnt help me. The problem is is that nothing on my ipod is on that comp so if i did sync it with that itunes library i would lose everything and have to sync it with the old computer to get everything back on the ipod which would just bring me back to square one. I need serious help.

TRENDING THREADS