An Icon has appeared on my Nokia 6260

inta

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010
Hello,
An icon comprising two circles seperated by a small gap and joined at the bottom by a horizontal line has appeared on my Nokia 6260 Slide.

I cannot find out what the icon means.

I would really like to know the icon stands for. Does anybody know?

inta

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010
The phone has been checked for updates and all software and firmware installed on the phone is the latest version.

The number "1" key on the keypad on the phone has the same symbol. I have even been to the Nokia service agent near my home and they cannot tell me what it is or what it means.

inta

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010
The symbol 0_0 apparently represents that there are voicemails on the phone waiting to be retrieved. Only there were no voicemails and the Icon refused to be cleared.

Nokia finally sent a remote reset request and forced an overide as it was clear that there were no messages to be retrieved.

So, in conclusion:

The symbol/Icon represents voicemail messages and when It appears on the display, it means that there are voicemail messages waiting to be retrieved.

Pressing and holding the "1" key automatically connects you to the voicemail system.

Thats all there is. Now if only they documented that, then there would not have been a need for months of frustration.