How many here got duped by the EVO $10 fee?

emtownsend

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
Just curious how many have been duped by the $10 per month fee that Sprint is leveraging on new EVO purchases?
This makes me so angry!
Sprint is charging an extra $10/month simply because they feel the phone is fast. It originally was billed as a 4G fee, then as a "premium data fee", then simply because of a "richer experience". Now it seems that the real reason is, well, no reason at all. Sprint has not been able to define the reason for the fee.
The kicker? This fee is for as long as you own the phone. Yep! After that honeymoon is over and the EVO is no better than any other carrier's phones, you still need to pay that $10 per month.
Remember those loyalty perks? Save $150 when you upgrade or renew? Well... That is paid back to Sprint thanks to this fee! Yep, Sprint cares for you soooo much, that they are willing to lease you that phone! It can't even be used unless you pay that luxury tax and they don't even have the huevos to thank you properly.
I encourage all of you to write to Dan Hesse, call Sprint, write to HTC, whatever it takes to end this nonsense. This also sets a precedent for all new "fast" and "premium" phones to come out from now on. If this does not stop now, it never will!
Sprint, after almost 20 years of service, you disappoint me!

TheGreatGrapeApe

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2003
Welcome to 4G, you have to pay for it. Just ask the angry AT&T customers whining and moaning and threatening to go to Sprint. :lol:

Simple solution, don't buy the new phone, stick with your old hardware and stop complaining.

Of course you can waste your time and get a C&D note too, but it's not going to change anything until they are ready to change. ;)

emtownsend

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
Yeah, this is crunch time. I love the Hero but I crave something better!
I also hate the Sprint fee structure, but I crave something better!
I am in a proverbial rock and a hard place. My only way to better hardware is to pay $120/yr for it, but, that is the only way it will happen unfortunately.
I spoke to Sprint again today (they called me) about the fee and they confirmed it is permanent, so that is a hard pill to swallow. I have an EVO on order but now I have to ask if all this fighting is worth it or should I brank rank and get the EVO??

TheGreatGrapeApe

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2003
I would recommend talking calmly to them and even calmly to their loyalty and retention people, and asking for something worth near $10 to you, that they can essentially give you for no cost to them, to offset this annoyance for you.

This is the best way to feel like you're getting something out of it other than a new fee. Still sucks, but at least you deal with it better and feel you're not just an average chump, like the rest of the world, and the whole time using your EVO to impress the ladies... oh wait that was the Ipad;

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/06/apple-wwdc-2010-070-rm-eng.jpg

easymark26

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
Im paying the 10 bucks and I dont feel duped, to be honest I dont really care that much because the 4 g speeds are awesome and the Evo itself is a great phone.
I havent been this happy with a purchase in a long while.