Att android phones

jeremiah reese

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
im on att and have been looking for a smartphone and android seems to be pretty good... i was going to get the iphone 4 but seeing how it has been having lots of problems with reception i am having second thoughts. so i was wondering what android powered phones can be used with my att SIM card.
thanks

jeremiah reese

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
at the moment what they have on their site is htc aria and motorola backflip and neither of them are comparable with verizon's androids... i was more wondering if any other android phones can work with at&t

thegamingbeast

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
The Samsung captivate just came out, and is faster than the iPhone 4 (1GHz processor) and the iPhone has a 1GHz processor too, but is underclocked to 850MHz, and it has a bigger and brighter screen, expandable memory, open os, and a whole lot more, and is similar to the Droid X which is the best android out on Verizon.

The Greater Good

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
I had a first gen iPhone (got it free) and still wanted to keep AT&T because I'm on a family share plan and I got locked into the 30 dollar-a-month unlimited data plan before AT&T killed it.

I didn't want to give Apple any of my money, so I went with the Samsung Galaxy S (Captivate). I am SOOOOOO happy with this phone. The screen is awesome; pictures do not do it justice. The interface is somewhat iPhone-like, which made it very easy for me to make the transition to the Samsung. Very fast and smooth for the most part. Samsung includes the "Touchwiz UI" (Personally, I like the Touchwiz interface but some don't) with some apps, along with AT&T crap like AT&T music (you get a ten minute free trial) and AT&T Navigation, also not free.

I don't want to go into a full review of this phone, but overall... it's great. Go to an AT&T store and play with one and read/watch reviews. I think you'll like it.