New phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaKkaR0T

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
So i am looking to buy a new phone and i just thought it would be an android than a symbian,
which would be the best phone for $240-$270 (same range as the xperia x10 mini, I am from India so the prices may vary).
Any phone near the price range of Xperia X10 mini.

Solution
The X6 is cool, my wife has one ever since it was launched, she's with Nokia actually :), It's fast, very very user friendly, and it's touchscreen is amazing.
I'd too stick with a Nokia, but my curiosity to mess around with the Android is driving me crazy, that's the main reason, I'll be going for the LG, no other reasons, just to experiment, but, my day to day phones are all the E Series... :)

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Well, the last phone I looked at and will be buying soon is the Optimus.
I am a Nokia Loyal, but because of their lack of the Android, I need to try out the OS on a phone that's sleek, easy to use and fu to fool with.
Although I don't trust LG one wee bit when it comes to anything...... I am going to give it's Optimus a try because of the cool OS and the cool Look.....
And it's barely 10K here in India.
I'd say go for it..... you can check out the specs here..... and I prefer the Black to the Silver..... :)
http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_gt540_optimus-3081.php

KaKkaR0T

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
frankly, I dont like the LG brand, i had bought a lot of thing of LG, Fridge, A/Cs, Washing machine and stuff and their after sales service is horrible. simply horrible.
any other phone who could reccomend?

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
I absolutely agree with you on the LG brand thing :) the only other option is the Samsung .... they have a few models with Android OS and then of course I think HTC has a few, but really it's a comparatively New OS so risking anything more than 10K INR on it would not be advisable.
Check out the Samsung ones... they seem to be selling very well these days...

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
The Galaxy is good from what I've heard..... plus I think a upgrade to Froyo is free for the Galaxy users too....
The X8 is a bit weak in comparison to the Galaxy 3 ...... by a bit, I mean it's not close to the Galaxy 3..... but it's a Sony, so it's going to have an amazing sound system and display.....

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
The X6 is cool, my wife has one ever since it was launched, she's with Nokia actually :), It's fast, very very user friendly, and it's touchscreen is amazing.
I'd too stick with a Nokia, but my curiosity to mess around with the Android is driving me crazy, that's the main reason, I'll be going for the LG, no other reasons, just to experiment, but, my day to day phones are all the E Series... :)

Solution

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Don't exactly know, it's an HTC phone.... slower than the usual...... but it might have it's perks.
I've had my bad experiences with the HTC lot, although they were long ago, I really can't say much about their phone today....

Status
Not open for further replies.