Ipaq hx4700 bluetooth

garyj1980

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
Hey guys,
im after some info or/and advice about my ipaq hx4700. now i know this model is pretty outdated... but i like it :).

now my problem is that some of the software i am trying to use only works with Microsoft bluetooth stack.. but the ipaq hx4700 comes with built in Widcomm drivers. is there anyway that the widcomm drivers can be replaced with the microsoft ones? i understand there may be conflicts along the way,but is it possible? maybe via editing registry? or if not... are there any apps/software/drivers to mimic the microsft bt stack? maybe progrmmed visual studio??

sorry my info is a little vague.
any help would be great.

Thanks

Gaz.

My guess would be that the BT drivers you need could be used if you did a ROM flash with such drivers apart of it. Then again, you could try and find some stand alone drivers that may work on your model, but as you said, I'd expect a lot of headaches.

garyj1980

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
hey m8 thanks for the reply. ive tried every rom i could get my hands on.. from windows mobile 03/05/06/6.1/6.5 couple of them are 'cooked' roms, but still wrong divers. good OS systems tho. i have read a few pages on 't'internet' where ppl have replaced micosoft drivers with the widcomm drivers via registry + installing the DLL files,but im not sure on how to reverse the situation with the appropriate drivers. i can do this operation in Windows XP but not really familier with CE. ive also read that you can extract the ROM and change part of the OEM section, then rebuild and flash. i have all the software and hardware for such operations, but for some reason i cannot extract any of the ROMs :/

Again, sorry my info is a little vague.
any of your help is great thank you :)

Thanks

Gaz.

garyj1980

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
hey thanks again, created a post @ XDA Developers, now just gotta wait for reply ( hopefuly :)

thanks

if anyone else has a way around my problem please feel free to comment.

Gaz.