Another Droid Thread...

phasmantis

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2007
Here's my dilemma. I'm sure a lot of people have it. Droid 2 or Droid X. Well, here's my pros/cons.

Droid 2:
Physical Keyboard (nice when texting and the sun is reflecting on phone)
Better Interface (home menu pages easier to access)
What seemed like more responsive pinch zoom (Droid X may have been set different)
Used to Env touch keyboard...
Con:
Vertical/Horizontal adjustment seemed off at times, or stuck
Apparently has a tiny bit less battery life than droid x
5.0MP as opposed to 8MP camera.
Smaller touchscreen

Droid X:
Pro:
8MP camera
Bigger screen
Swipe blue lines seemed to stay
HDMI-Out
Con:
Pinch zoom seemed to sensative.
Large size

I like to hear an opinion from someone who has used both, which one they liked more and why, or which one they like and why if they've only owned one (why did you choose the one you did).

Also, should I worry about getting used to touch screen only? That's my biggest fear (not being able to go back to a physical keyboard if I can't get used to the touch screen, also the whole sun glare issue).

Thanks in advance.

phasmantis

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2007
Okay, so the droid 2 apparently lasts longer in terms of battery life (9.5 vs. 8 talk time), but I hear the droid 2 has a somewhat muddy call quality. Any truth to the call quality compared?

phasmantis

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2007
SO I decided to go with the Droid 2 as it outperforms the X in most aspects, and has the best battery life. Also, doesn't have as many bugs as the Droid x does with 2.2. The physical keyboard for sunny typing will be nice as well.

JD13

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
There is a video of how to tweak the call quality. Just search for it on YouTube.