excelerater

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
next week my 2 year contract w Verizon is up and ready for renew

Droid 2,Droid X,Droid Pro?

decisions decisions.........

Solution
the most impressive android phone for verizon right now is the HTC incredible:

-the touch-keyboard is more responsive than the X by far.
-2 more "home" screens than other android phones.
-very nice HTC widgets included.
-optical "mouse" eye is handy if you have big fingers for clicking on small text (web)
-form factor is perfect for pockets/carpenter jean side pockets
-larger lcd screen than droid pro

if you use the touch keyboard in landscape mode then it is just as easy to use as a physical keyboard. besides, the keyboard quality on the D2 isn't all that great.

mynameismolotov

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
I just went through the same decision myself recently. I was set on the X at first, just because of the huge screen and hdmi out which is pretty cool. However, my previous phone was the Droid Eris (aka HTC Hero on other networks), and the all touchscreen interface really bugged me after a while -- I think having a physical keyboard is a lot more convenient sometimes, even with Swype or SwiftKey. I ended up getting the Pro, and I'm quite happy with it, I really like the keyboard. However there are times I wish I went with Droid 2 Global instead -- bigger screen/keyboard, and faster processor. Still a tough call though because I really like having a portrait keyboard, I think I can type faster on it.

If you send more than the occasional email or long text, I would recommend getting one with a keyboard. Obviously the Droid X is the best multimedia experience, but ask yourself if you're really going to be watching many (any) movies on it. As far as game play goes, my Pro has the smallest screen of the 3 and Angry Birds looks and plays great on it, but that extra half inch always helps.

the most impressive android phone for verizon right now is the HTC incredible:

-the touch-keyboard is more responsive than the X by far.
-2 more "home" screens than other android phones.
-very nice HTC widgets included.
-optical "mouse" eye is handy if you have big fingers for clicking on small text (web)
-form factor is perfect for pockets/carpenter jean side pockets
-larger lcd screen than droid pro

if you use the touch keyboard in landscape mode then it is just as easy to use as a physical keyboard. besides, the keyboard quality on the D2 isn't all that great.

Solution