Should I get a Blackberry Storm 9530?

yomamaismine

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
Hi, I already have an iPhone 4, I would never give it up, but my friend is selling a basically brand new blackberry storm 9530. I think it looks alright and he's selling it for around 55 dollars. Is this worth it? Or should I pass?

If it were me, I'd pass. The Storms were buggy and slow. Check out a few reviews on it and the other Storm models and you'll see the general point. If you want a Storm or a BB touchscreen, I'd hold off for a few months and see what RIM releases.

kateTMcC

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
Hi there, I had a Storm and my partner still has one - he is very reluctant to give it up. I now have the Bold but I have to say I really miss my Storm, I loved it. But if you can get the BB Torch then I would get that as it it the update of the Storm and has the new operating system on plus the touchscreen slides up so if you don;t want to use the onscreen keyboard you can use the hard keyboard which is just like the Bold one. If you can't run to that then I think the Storm is still great... Can't beat BlackBerry (IMO) - I do have an android aswell but the battery runs out within a few hours whereas my BB lasts 2 days with the same amount of use! Check it out before you commit and ask if you can have a play with it.

allambition

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2011
Stick with the iPhone if you want a fun, cool, easy to use phone and go with the Blackberry if you need it for business, want it to be more durable, and are concerned with security.