Unlock Samsung Wave

in_core

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2010
How to unlock a Samsung Wave?
i recently got a samsung wave sent from UK
it was unlocked in UK
when i insert a sim card of my country it works but when a incoming call or outgoing call occurs, the phone turns off
what can i do??
any suggestions

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
If the phone was unlocked once, it will remain unlocked unless someone flashes a locked ROM on it.
If you mean the screen lock, then you might need to reset the phone to the factory settings to get rid of that.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
If the phone registers with the network, it does not need unlocking.
From your description, it sounds like there is a problem with the dialer app. The phone might need resetting to factory defaults; have you tried the Samsung forums for a similar problem? You might not be the only one with this kind of issue.

in_core

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2010
the device turns off whenever it uses anything involved with the sim card eg: incoming nd outgoing call, sms, internet browsing.
da moment it gets 2 use ne 1 of those it just turns off in a second.
but there is no problem in registering with the network. evrythingelse works with the sim inserted except da 1s mentioned above.
so do u really think it is a problem with da dailer?
nd can u tel me abt da samsung forum u were talking abt? wats da web nd hw can i use or view it?

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
I would suggest to Google "samsung wave shutting off when using..." and describe the symptoms. The returned search results usually have more than one link to forums where other users described similar problems. I assumed it was the dialer because of what you mentioned in the first post; now, that you mentioned other apps as well, not sure it's the dialer app anymore, but it could be some corrupted system files in the ROM.
You could try to see if the problem occurs with another SIM card; you can borrow one or go to the carrier's rep and try it there.