Questions on virigin Blackberry Curve 8530

jcpwn3r

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2009
I'm on virgin mobile right now because it works fine and the 25 bucks a month for unlimited text and data can't be beat.

At the moment I have a kyocera loft and want to buy either the Blackberry Curve or the LG optimus V.
I like the blackberry because i basically just text and go on the internet to check email, and would like to watch youtube videos but from what I've read it is very durable and it has physical keys.

The touchscreen on the optimus is cool but I've never tried it so I can't tell if the touchscreen is absolute, unresponsive, junk. The screen also worries me because I drop my phone a lot and don't want to brick it within a week.

As you can tell, I'm liking the blackberry more (and its 50 dollars cheaper) but I've been hearing a lot of reports that it can't send or receive picture messages which is VERY important to me because i basically communicate through memes and random images.

this is an absolute deal breaker for me and the optimus would be my alternative so can anyone comment on this issue, especially someone who has the virgin 8530?

The curve should be able to handle pic messages, as I believe its hardware is capable of it. The pic messaging deal is usually carrier dependent, so you'd have to inquire with virgin about it to be sure. Also, before purchasing, I believe that RIM is set to release a new Curve with a touchscreen, better camera, etc... in the coming months, so it may be worth waiting for (it'll have the physical keys as well).