GPS without data plan phones needed. Must have 3.5mm as well.

casemods

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
Looking for a phone with GPS (must either be able to be used by downloading a program to the phone, or built in).

But the main point is that it must be able to be FREE and usable without having the phone activated or in service.

For example: I stop paying, but I'm still able to use the phone for GPS and a music player.

Any phone will do, and any carrier will do.

Must have the 3.5mm and music player, and card slot to 8 gb.

skora

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
I just activated a palm Pixi Plus for $50. Plenty of resources to use the GPS without a carrier. Worse case, activate it with Page Plus Cellular and let it expire. Probably can do it without any cost even. They give you $2 credit when you activate it for free and you only need $.30 for the OTA programming.

8gb memory for your mp3s.
GPS. What are you using it for, road nav isn't that great on this, but looks solid for caching.
Wifi

Check out precentral.net for more info in the forums. It is an abandoned OS by HP, but lots of stuff out there and dirt cheap. Can find them used even cheaper on eBay if you don't care about used.

Edit: Look also at the Palm Pre Plus. There is a beta turn by turn software out there. That's enough for me to consider upgrading already.