Sign in with
Your question

How do you delete apps on an iPhone 4?

Last response: in iPhone
April 24, 2011 11:51:28 PM

Okay, I'm very used to my Android phone and its flexibility, but my wife recently purchased an iPhone 4 from Verizon. How do I delete apps that she has downloaded? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

More about : delete apps iphone

April 25, 2011 5:13:24 AM

On iTunes
Go to "Apps" section and you can chose to delete the apps you need.
On iPhone
Hold an app for 2-3 sec and it goes to jiggle mode, then tap on the close (x) button on the left hand corner and it asks you whether you want to delete it or not
m
l
April 25, 2011 4:22:22 PM

Yes, I did that but the app appears to still be running in the background.
m
l
Related resources
April 30, 2011 9:20:57 AM

How come? is it still opened in the task manager ?
m
l
May 21, 2011 11:36:26 AM

Double press the home button (the round button with a square on it) and a line of apps should come up. you can flick left and right to scroll. Hold down an app for 2-3 seconds and then press the red "no entry" button and it will close it.

Then follow Maziar's instructions in 2nd post
Double press the home button (the round button with a square on it) and a line of apps should come up. you can flick left and right to scroll. Hold down an app for 2-3 seconds and then press the red "no entry" button and it will close it.

Then follow Maziar's instructions in 2nd post

Maziar said:
On iTunes
Go to "Apps" section and you can chose to delete the apps you need.
On iPhone
Hold an app for 2-3 sec and it goes to jiggle mode, then tap on the close (x) button on the left hand corner and it asks you whether you want to delete it or not

m
l
January 6, 2014 6:27:34 PM

If your Apps don't includ iOS, you are surely able to delete Apps from iPhone, do all of your 3rd party apps no longer show the delete "x" when wiggling? If so, try the following steps as needed with iPhone Data Eraser:

1. Restart phone

2. Reset phone (no data loss): press both home and power buttons for at least 10 seconds, releasing when the Apple logo appears

3. Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

4. Restore iOS using iTunes, also restoring a backup

5. Restore iOS as new, without using a backup
m
l
February 26, 2014 1:45:18 AM

I took the following steps to delete apps on iPhone permanently from my iTunes library. I use a MacBook Air and iTunes 11.0.04:

Open iTunes
Go to the Library drop down box
Select Apps
Click on individual app, press delete and hit enter
Confirm decision
Read more about iPhone Data Eraser here.
m
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter