Which micro SD card should I buy?

jeremiah reese

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
So I am going to go to virgin mobile, and I think I am going to buy a lg Optimus V, but I do not have an SD to go with it. So I am wondering if you all have any reccomendations for a SD card. I am looking for either a 16GB or 32GB card that is fairly fast and that will last. my price range is $40-$55 So what do you all think? Think its more worth blowing money on a better 16gb card or going with a 32gb card that is not as good? And do you have any reccomendations for and SD card? Thanks for your future replies!

skaz

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
Brand wise I like Sandisk and Kingston.

For your size I would go with an 8-16 GB card. I don't really see the point in 32 GB unless you have something in mind to fill it up with. If your going to try and load your entire music collection or all your high def pictures on your phone then yeah pick up a 32 GB.

EDIT: And I think a class 4 or 6 would be sufficient speed. Yet again though it depends on what your transferring and how often.

skaz

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011

No problem. Yeah 16 GB would be good for you then. That would leave you a good amount of room to grow your data collection. If you don't plan on moving your data on and off the card a lot then speed wise class 4 or 6 is cool. Good luck.

jhernandez

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
I also prefer sandisk across the brands but with my experience, that is all just a label. It matters to what class it is.

I mean you would prefer to get an sd card with a higher class so that it will increase the transfer rate proportionally. I am not quite familiar with your device but if you are a keeper, go for the 32gb or you prefer carrying all your music and files around.