Ios 4.2.1 problem ipod touch 4G/iphone 4G

rmboransing

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
hi guys,

before you flame me, ive already read 2 days worth of google results about my problem. i figured i
should at least try and research a fix on my problem before i posted here.

and btw, i cant seem to find the right forum for ipod touch problems. pls forgive me and just direct me to the proper forum, thank you!

background:
-ipod touch 4g, 4.2.1 jailbroken by using redsn0w_win_0.9.6b6.
-never been dropped
-never been soaked in water.

my problems began when i missed that my jb'd ipod was only a tethered jb. i wanted to restore it and unjailbreak it so i can jb it again using an untethered jb.
itunes wont let me update or restore it just gave me the 3194 error. i found a fix for the 3194 error (tinyumbrella-4.30.05) but it lead to another error, 1600. again i found a fix for the 1600 error (iREB-r4).

after successfully restoring my ipod touch to default factory setting itunes showed a message that it was gonna reboot my device. but instead of rebooting it, i just got stuck into a restore loop. itunes kept insisting that my device needed to be restored. all the device info showed blank. software version, capacity and serial number had all 'n/a' entries. I repeated to restore but in the end the device was still on a restore loop. iReb cant fix the loop since it can only fix restore loops on untethered jb devices.

i decided to jb it again using the tethered jb method using redsn0w_win_0.9.6b6 since restoring failed. it worked after i followed the steps thoroughly. My ipod touch was semi-back to factory defaults. Semi-back because it was still jailbroken but all settings and apps where default apps (except for cydia of course).

this was a short-lived success, after reinstalling my old apps the screen of my ipod went black. But it was still detected on my itunes and pc. I still hear the sounds when you hook it up on the pc, charging sound etc. but the screen is still black. My ipod is unresponsive but is detected by my pc. And btw, its still on a restore loop.

sending it for warranty is my last option, i hope some of you guys can help me solve this problem. service centers is out of the question sicne i live very far from 'civilization'.

please help me, and thank you in advance