Samsung Galaxy S2 released! SGS2 or Xperia Arc?

iPunket

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
The Samsung Galaxy S2 was released today April 28th, and they will deliver it to 120 countries. The price of the SGS2 will be 525 Euros.
The Xperia Arc and Galaxy 2 are comming out in my country in this May, The Xperia Arc take better pictures at night but the Samsung galaxy have more quallity during day and we all know the galaxy has dual core, 1gb ram and whatever the xperia arc has x2.. but the Xperia Arc has a better looking and the camera is rly good at night, which one would u guys pick between SGS2 and Xperia Arc? :/

DdbrisDwight

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011

You'd be crazy to buy the arc jusy based on a better camera. Smart phones are built for functionality and multiple uses, not just a superb camera. Also, the arc only records 720p wheras the s2 can record full 1080. If you want something to take great photos, get a camera... For usage anywhere quicker, get the gsII

4ktv

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
I would pick the SGS2 hands down. (I am thing about geting one, but 800USD is a big pill of death.) If you have the $ get the SGS2 100%. The cam on it seems more than you need to take good pic for a phone anyway. Overall the SGS2 beats the arc up. ( I like sony alot, but they don't make the best phones.)

simi4u

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011
samsung galaxy s2 is better than epic 2. Additionally, the Samsung Galaxy S2 comes equipped with a range of business features, including Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, On Device Encryption, VPN (Virtual Private Network), MDM (Mobile Device Management) and Cisco WebEx. Let's not forget that the smartphone is providing a powerful browsing experience for mobile professionals and enthusiasts courtesy of Android 2.3, which includes Flash Player 10.1 support and more.

ionut19

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
Galaxy S 2 because of the screen and performance. SE is new to android, Samsung already has experience and optimizations to make the interface run smooth. Also i have used one, i have seen how it moves in compassion to my galaxy s I900. The dual core and touch wiz 4.0 make's everything really smooth. Also faster web browsing and smoother web page scrolling.

And you can see what's on the screen in direct sunlight :). Also there are no color degradation when you look from an angle plus the black is as black as it can be, no other screen not even retina display or super LCD can show that lvl of performance because at super amoled and super amoled plus the pixels just shut down(amoled also).

I admit that the arc has a great design and much better camera but the performance is not the same. S2 double the ram, 16gb storage..btw shouldn't this thread be closed already?

nyxanna

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
I have a SGS2 and trust me, you don't want any other smartphone.
Forget all about pathethic iPhones and companies who only make money because of the colour they sell their phone in, buy the SGS2.

ionut19

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
I would wait and see how it stands out. Having a 3d screen would be best seller reason so LG might have the best hit this year with that phone like Samsung had last year with sgs i9000. Do you have the option to try the 3d model? Also in a video that i have seen on gsmarena in 3d library it lags sometimes. You will have to check it out and see how it works.

If you are in a hurry then it's up to you. I don't want to be too subjective because i had sgs and not other phone but samsung made these phones to be quality ones and give the best they have without loosing quality.

Many say..ou..it's just plastic..one drop and it's all over, iphone are metal, more durable. No, iphone breaks when you drop it. I dropped mine more then once and once i dropped it from my ear because i was not paying attention. All i got ware some scratches on the edge of the phone.

Please do take other opinions in consideration because you should not buy this only because of what you read here. But my choice would be sgs II since the 3d LG is not out, at list not in my country.

ionut19

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
No it does not. SE has good phones now, not the best but since they adopted android for their devices SE gained some market share, but not much. Also SE has one of the best if not the best cameras on the mobile market, the xenon flash tops all other flashes. Even if nokia has carl zeiss lens it struggles to reach SE performance in phto, video i do not know.

All i know that my SE k800i at 3.2Mp with xenon flash made far better pictures than many phones with superior resolution and LED flash. Now it is retired.

Plus, samsung and htc do not have any phone to compete with arc's design, at list in my opinion. But in terms of performance, that's another story.

Also my personal opinion is that LG still has low quality phones and the design did not impress me eider. Apple phones are too expensive for what they do anyway so that is out of discussion, ip4 is almost double the price of SGS 2.

RavinRivie

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009

I can't be certain which market you're referring to, but in the US the iPhone 4 is about $350-$400 on the used market whereas the Samsung Galaxy SII is $600+ also on used market. iPhone is expensive but SGSII is more expensive by a hefty margin. I would think this would carry over to other markets since the iPhone has been available for awhile now compared to the SGSII which is still quite new, however I could imagine Apple not distributing their products as much in other markets making their availability less and cost higher.

ionut19

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
Sorry, i forgot to check the prices. It was 4k, now it's around 2.3k-2.8k(16gb model) witch is almost the same with sgs 2(2k-2.3k) in my country. Thanks for posting that, i did not even bother to check the current prices, my bad.