Optimus 3d , optimus 2x or sgs 2

lmpi16

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
I want to make short 3d game for fun and i wonder wich of those 3 phones to buy . The phones aren't cheap so i want to use it for something else like reading books and watching movies etc , but the main goal is to have the best gpu. Whitch should i take ? btw Optimus 3d and Galaxy s2 attract me with their bigger screens better for reading , Optimus 2X with Tegra 2 chipset. Please help me with my choise - only "professional level" answers required .

ionut19

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
Here is an answer.

Your main condition should be the screen. Witch Samsung galaxy S 2 has the best, also the gpu power is very good if not the best, go to gsmarena and check for review on Samsung galaxy s 2, optimus and htc sensation or something like that. See witch one does best.
Found the link: http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_sensation_vs_galaxy_sii_vs_optimus_2x-review-608.php

Here are the pluses for SGS 2:
-infinite black lvl
-very low power consumption for the screen, super amoled plus
-big screen
-low weight
-everything you need to have in a smart phone
-very smooth scrolling on web pages and very smooth movements wile changing screens because of the dual core 1.2Ghz CPU and touch wiz 4.0
-android 2.3
-16Gb internal memory
-1Gb of RAM

I have the original sgs i9000 and a friend has s2 and i can really see a difference in speed ans smoothness. And thrust me when i say that i know what i am saying.

I think that the optimus has a brighter screen but you can not see the difference only measure it. All of those you mentioned display different colors from different viewing angles. With super amoled plus , as with super amoled you see the same colors from any side and angle.

There is also an sgx 2 witch is on tegra chip set but it has lower net speed, smaller screen and some shortcomings. I wouldn't buy that. Probably when nvidia releases the next generation of tegra chips for smart phones and has some experience. Samsung already has experience with it's PowerVR SGX graphic processor.

Samsung make's their own stuff and also make's stuff for others.

Also Samsung galaxy x2 has super LCD not super amoled plus.

About the optimus 3d, i can say anything. You will have to check it in a store and see how it works. 3d is also new to mobile phones. You have a preview on gsmarena.com also on the optimus 3d.

lmpi16

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
o man you just shaked my decision :p . I've just decided to take optimus 2x . I took look at it today in the shop - it had very beautiful colors on the screen and design , but was pretty heavy :) . In the stores there wasn't galaxy s2 - only with request and i couldn't take a look at it. Now mali 400 and geforce ulp are whole mystery . In different sites it is said that one or other is better - but in the most it is told that ulp gf is much better for 3d games.There are no Sgx 2 in my country yet. And i wonder if the gpu inside galaxy s 2 is better or equal of tegra's gf , why they will make onether variant of the phone with tegra 2 processor?

ionut19

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
The GPU should be about the same with plus and minus to different things. Google it fore more info.

Why are they making galaxy z with tegra? Because it offers good value, good performance and has an important influence in the mobile market.

lmpi16

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009

By the way it has pretty decent 3d . I saw it . The only problem is this phone is hudge in size and weight . I have to buy a bag for it or just use it in home otherwise i like it very much - beautiful display , very very good 3d , solid in the hand but not for the pocket .

climent05

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
I went to mobile store to buy optimus 3d but when i saw Galaxy s2 the screen looks superb. its similar to retina display of iphone4. I bought the galaxy s2. the optimus 3d doen't play very well HD videos 720p itself.

But in some application usage in samsung s2 it tends to overheat near the camera. You need to use trusted application it doesn't heat much.

Gaming in s2 is amazing.

ionut19

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
Don't worry about the heat at the back of the case. My SGS does the same when using 3g or playing really intensive games.