Root LG vortex on android

Triton-00

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
hello, i tried to root my android with z4root, with no avail. i tried to use version 1.3.0 of the root but it just kept "attempting to root" and nothing changed. i've tried older versions and those don't work either.

i'm running android version 2.2.1

is there any other way to root my LG Vortex?
thanks.

Solution
You cannot root version 2.2.1. They patched it to close the exploit that was used.

The only way to root it is to "downgrade" your Vortex back to 2.2. You can go to http://breakneckmod.co.cc/. From there, he has the links to the files to downgrade the Vortex back to 2.2. After that, you can follow the instructions on that site on how to root the Vortex and apply a custom ROM.

Please do not ask me for the files as I no longer have them.

Thanks!

mindhelper

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2011
There is no way as of yet to root your LG vortex. I am in the same boat as you with vortex and 2.2.1 installed.
There is a way to downgrade it to 2.2 and root the phone but if your not a very computer literate person or assuming you are a new user to the android systems (as this is a entry level phone) I would not insists on you trying this method.
I have determined that Waiting for them to find a way to root the 2.2.1 on the LG vortex is a better solution, for now, if your content with keeping your phone as it is.
I insist that you keep your phone the way unrooted until there is 100% way to root it without problems because as soon as you do root the phone it voids the warranty.
I would try to keep your hopes high for a new z root to come out (or a rooter that can handle a Lg vortex).

isamuelson

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
You cannot root version 2.2.1. They patched it to close the exploit that was used.

The only way to root it is to "downgrade" your Vortex back to 2.2. You can go to http://breakneckmod.co.cc/. From there, he has the links to the files to downgrade the Vortex back to 2.2. After that, you can follow the instructions on that site on how to root the Vortex and apply a custom ROM.

Please do not ask me for the files as I no longer have them.

Thanks!

Solution