Free android phones without contractg

the only unlimited talk/text plans i know of are plan only. as for unlimited web i believe sprint is the only one offering such a plan, the other providers are tiered.

if you do not want to be tied to a contractual plan then you have the option of either signing up for a month-to month (pay as you go) plan with a large provider or signing up for a month-to month plan with a small provider (if they even offer androids yet.... not sure if they do) like boost mobile, tracfone, etcetera. you are only limited by how much you spend.

There's Virgin Mobile and Boost. Both are on the Sprint network. I plan to switch over to Virgin when my Verizon contract ends.

They do not have free phones though. You buy whatever phone that interests you, then pick a plan. On Virgin Mobile I think a $35 plan has 350 minutes and a $45 plan has 1200 minutes. The unlimited plan should be $55.

For "limited" plans, as long as you have at least 1 minute remaining for the month, you should have unlimited text and data for the remainder of the month. So if you have a 350 minute plan, you can talk your head off for 349 minutes on the 1st day of your month and continue to send/receive text and use data for the remainder of the month. Unless of course you use up that last minute.

getignited114

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Tmobile has one with no contract, unlimited everything for ~70 a month but you have to buy your phone.. The point of them giving you discounts on phones is because your doing the contract

Matthew965

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011

I just wanted to add to what you said. 1st, good move on switching to Virgin Mobile! I have been with them for a year and absolutely love them! I've tried every single one of their phones with the exception of the Samsung Intercept and the new Motorola Triumph. I can honestly say that their best smart phone is the Blackberry Curve 8530. Yes, it is 3G! I found the Android phones annoying because you can't close apps with 1 click. Open apps = terrible battery life. You can with a Blackberry. I have to have a physical qwerty keyboard so the Blackberry is a perfect phone. Bottom line? You really can't go wrong with Virgin Mobile!