LG Optimus 2X Battery Question: Will it last?

Martin9630

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the battery life of the LG Optimus 2X. I would like to know whether it will last the day without dying.

Usage: 2-4 hours a day. (Yes I have a busy day.)

45% Surfing Internet. (Facebook, Email, This website, etc. etc.)
25% Playing games.
20% Music.
10% Texting.

Occasional short calls. 1-2 minutes.
Rare camera use.
Rare GPS use.

Screen brightness: 20-30%

Sorry if it all sounds exaggerated but I am quite pessimistic :p, but better safe then sorry eh?

So reapeating the main question again: With the above usage, would the 2X make it through the day comfortably or should I be bringing a spare battery around?
Also do any of you who own this phone have problems with the battery?

Thank you all in advance.

Solution
i dont have the optimus myself (i have an incredible) but i can mention a few generics about battery life.

the biggest drains are gps, wifi and 3g/4g. personally i turn gps and wifi off unless i need them.

at lower brightness levels the screen shouldnt drain too much. personally i use 15-20% unless i go out in the sun for a bit.

if i only use the phone for a few hours i can manage to get a day out of a charge. if i plan on doing prolonged downloading/surfing or prolonged music playing i bring a cable and charge my phone at work while i'm using it. an extended use battery might help if you're worried about it dying (but see how your usage fares first).

to avoid having my phone die on me (and to have some spare battery for emergency...
i dont have the optimus myself (i have an incredible) but i can mention a few generics about battery life.

the biggest drains are gps, wifi and 3g/4g. personally i turn gps and wifi off unless i need them.

at lower brightness levels the screen shouldnt drain too much. personally i use 15-20% unless i go out in the sun for a bit.

if i only use the phone for a few hours i can manage to get a day out of a charge. if i plan on doing prolonged downloading/surfing or prolonged music playing i bring a cable and charge my phone at work while i'm using it. an extended use battery might help if you're worried about it dying (but see how your usage fares first).

to avoid having my phone die on me (and to have some spare battery for emergency calls, etcetera) i normally figure about 8% battery drain per hour idle. normally this means i leave off the media at half battery or i put it on the charger.

what can i say... these phones are more like small computers and as such they don't last a long length of time. most laptops cannot even last more than 4-5 hours.

Solution