Galaxy S or HTC Desire S

irfan88

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
Hey,

I am planning to buy an android phone. Confused between two models. They are Samsung Galaxy i9000 or HTC Desire S. THey cost the same in my country.

I am impressed with the Samsung Galaxy S i9000 (especially the AMOLED screen, 16gb internal memory and the camera clarity but there is no flash). :(

I am also worried about icecream sandwich not being rolled out on the Galaxy S as it has got 2 major updates already froyo and gingerbread. So will it get icecream sandwich as well.

on the other hand, I like the HTC sense UI and the Desire has has 768 MB of ram and a camera flash as well (but camera not as good as galaxy s). I don't care about the unibody design. Since it has been released on gingerbread, it will definitely get the next update.

Please suggest me something. :??:

Tough choice. I recently acquired a Droid 3, mainly because it had Gingerbread (2.3) already on it, which as you mentioned, means that I'll probably get an update to 2.4. I wasn't very concerned about the specs, as the early reviews I read said it was plenty quick. I'd say if you are more concerned about performance in the long run, go with the HTC. But if you are more concerned about staying up to date on the software end, go for the Galaxy.

irfan88

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
I like the media capabilities of the galaxy S and the extra RAM on the Desire S.

but my main concern is which of these two would get the next ice cream sandwich update.

If the Galaxy S i9000 gets the next ice cream sandwich update then I will go for it because it is cheaper than the desire S in my country (india) and it has loads of space 16GB compared to 1.1 GB of the desire S.

TRENDING THREADS