Samsung Focus - Strange problem and need an easier solution

redvandam

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2007
Ok, so I've had this phone for several days now and it's been working great but I just had a problem that confused the hell out of me.

When the phone is turns on, you need to swipe the screensaver up to get to the main page. The problem is that my screensaver turned black, and the only thing I could see was a time, in small font, at the top right corner of my screen. I would try swipping it up or to the side anyway but the phone was unresponsive. Even holding down the camera button, hoping it'd atleast take me to my camera, did nothing.

I tried several times to turn the phone on and off but whenever the phone would respond, it'd just display the time. I tried holding down the power button for several seconds and that did nothing either.

So I took the shell off, popped off the back door, removed and re-inserted the battery and the phone went back to normal.

Now, I doubt anyone will be able to tell me what went wrong, hopefully it never happens again but if it does, I need an easier way to fix it than removing the shell and the back door.

rhlambert6

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011

Hi there,
I've been having that problem for months now, but you are the first person I've seen who has written about it. I noticed the problem occurring soon after I had downloaded some apps, but I am too much of a cheapskate to wipe my phone and start over again (I don't like paying for apps twice ). What I had been doing was restarting the phone. That took care of the black screen thing, especially when a phone call I made went to voicemail and I had to end the call. However, after updating my phone a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that the black screen problem didn't happen as often, which was really nice. But when it did, and I tried to restart the phone, the power button wouldn't work and I would have to take the battery out. GRRRRRR....

I see your post is from July. Did you find a solution?