Does my cell phone warranty cover this?

eminemvanillaice

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
i got tmobile provider. i have the samsung belold 2. suddenly i noticed that my charging port does not work on my cell phone. when ever i charge it i have to press it in really hard in order to charge it.
i called tmmobile and they said i voided my warranty becuase it is physical damage. i told them thta i am not retarded to pull very hard to remove the charger.

when ui first got the phone, i already noticed that there was some charging problem with it as it did get loose, but i did not think it was serious.

If it's covered depends on the provider and warranty type you got, we can't tell. This is one of these things where you have to deal with the cell phone company to sort it out. Read over the details of the warranty, this may also be something that a consumer watchdog group can help with. Power plugs get used a lot, it's pretty obvious that with use it may become loose and stop working, but if that's covered depends on what they mean by physical damage. It's not like you cracked the screen, you were using it withing regular use expectations, but it's impossible to prove to them one way or another.

eminemvanillaice

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011

i know i probably wont win but i want to know who is right so i can contact the main people of tmobile like the manager. they said its physical damage because i pulled hard. what do u think?

eminemvanillaice

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011

i know i probably wont win but i want to know who is right so i can contact the main people of tmobile like the manager. they said its physical damage because i pulled hard. what do u think?

No way to prove one way or the other, so it's up to whoever it is at the company to decide, they will always say it's the user's fault though.