What phone should I get?

h2whoa

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of getting a new phone and I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions. I want something thats strong enough to play video files smoothly, listen to music and decently browse the Internet and cost under 300$ (CAD). I don't care much about social networking or taking pictures with it, I mainly just want something that can play a movie with out any lag or delay. What do you recommend?

oh, and a large screen would be nice too :)

cheers

i've heard great things about the s2 but the resolution isnt as great as the nexus. i was thinking about the nexus myself but its a little lackluster considering what it could have been. i'm waiting for the soon-to-be-mentioned new line of android 4.0 phones coming in the next few months.

if you're okay with their shortcomings then yes the s2 or nexus are great choice.

h2whoa

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
galaxy s2 or galaxy nexus both amazing

thanks for replying everyone, its a great phone but I can't find one non contract at less than 500$...

I'm looking for one at 300$ tops. Samsung Galaxy Smart looks interesting (I don't really care about design or OS version) because apparently it can play video pretty nicely, not sure though.

thanks

finding a brand new no-contract phone for less than $500? doubtful. the only reason you can get a phone for a decent price is because they factor the phones cost into the plans they offer. perhaps once refurbished models start coming out you might get lucky...or when prices drop in general.