Smart phones not made in china

danacook05

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
After learning that "FoxCom" an Apple products manufacturer in China, hires children as young as 11 to work on their assembly lines where there is absolutely NO talking or socializing allowed, I've decided to not only NOT buy Apple products, but I don't want to buy my next cell phone I'm buying made anywhere in China. Can anyone make a recommendation to me for a cell phone made in a country where they treat their employees like humans instead of machines?

one of the reasons why you can get cell phones and other technology at such a reasonable price is because it is made in such places.

if a cellphone was made in the usa chances are it would at least double in price or more...if we even had plants to make it.

i agree with what you are saying but unless you are willing to do without at least 50% of what you use everyday then i say you are out of luck. look around the house and find out just how many items are stamped made in china (or taiwan, etc).

Pyree

Distinguished
Foxconn, not FoxCom.

Some Apple products are made in Foxconn factory in Brazil. Are you also not going to buy phones made in Brazil?

It is hard to find phone not made in China. Nokia used to be made in Finland but not any more. They are now mostly made in China.

But Made in China is not the problem here. The manufacturing factory and its management (management of Foxconn factory in Shenzhen) which took Apple's contract to produce the phones and hiring child labourer is at fault here.

Just buy from another brand if you don't want your phone to associat with child labourer.

I think some HTC is made in Republic of China, some Samsung is made in Korea and some Nokia may still be made in Finland.