Need a Smartphone with a GPS app as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shpati

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
I am due for an upgrade and was going to buy a new phone this Sunday. I need GPS for my car as well. So I thought it would be a good idea to kill 2 birds with one stone by getting a high end smartphone that I will be able to use as a GPS while driving as well.

I am with ATT, so does the Galaxy S II Skyrocket have a GPS navigator app? I believe this is the best andriod phone for ATT.

I have always been a fan of Windows though. So if there is a Windows phone out there that can be used as a GPS too, I will like to get in on that? Is there? Samsung Focus was the only phone I saw at the store that was a Windows phone. Does this have a GPS app?

Does GPS on a high end smart phone work that same as a stand alone GPS?

Solution
All Android smartphones have built-in GPS app. I am not familiar with Windows smartphones.

The GPS in smartphones works in the same ways as standalone GPS units. Some features may differ as well as road maps, but they all work the same way. If you don't like the standard GPS app or if you want to try something different, then you can download GPS app from Android's Marketplace. Some may have a short trial period before, you need to pay. I just use the standard GPS map, then again I don't drive much.
All Android smartphones have built-in GPS app. I am not familiar with Windows smartphones.

The GPS in smartphones works in the same ways as standalone GPS units. Some features may differ as well as road maps, but they all work the same way. If you don't like the standard GPS app or if you want to try something different, then you can download GPS app from Android's Marketplace. Some may have a short trial period before, you need to pay. I just use the standard GPS map, then again I don't drive much.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.