Why cant i stream videos/music and surf from multiple websites at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

gypsey

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
Why cant i stream videos/music and surf from multiple websites at the same time. I am using a samsung galaxy 7.7

Solution
you know... i've never really tried to load a video with an embedded youtube window and then swap to another one while it loads. the loading times usually are fairly quick so i dont have to do this.

it could be that your browser doesnt support this. perhaps try dolphonHD, opera, or another one of the different browsers. or perhaps the stopping is built into the mobile versions of youtube.. i'm not really sure

you cannot compare mobile and desktop versions. they are built for different purposes.

or open youtube videos in youtube. that might work in the background while you browse. yes.. open it in the app not on the website version.

if you want to listed to music while you browse the web i highly suggest pandora radio, slacker radio...
you can be on multiple websites at the same time. its called tabbed browsing.

you are also able to stream media such as from the pandora or youtube app while browsing however unless you have a very good and fast signal it will be slow going. in general streaming media can hog quite a bit of bandwidth.

gypsey

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
Thanks for the reply! I understand tab browsing no problem its just that when i leave one tab for the next the page seems to refresh. For example i could be streaming a video and than while i wait for it to buffer by going to another tab the video stops and refreshes. I'm sorry if this is confusing. I don't have this problem using a desktop or laptop just on my device. I am wondering if there is a setting i need to change.
I will check out those apps you have suggested. Thanks again for your response.

gypsey

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
Ive got the youtube app ok but how come whenever i open a new tab my video stops. Sometimes i like to listen to music on youtube or radio programs on other sites but as soon as i go to open another tab like email, or whatever the music/radio stops?

you know... i've never really tried to load a video with an embedded youtube window and then swap to another one while it loads. the loading times usually are fairly quick so i dont have to do this.

it could be that your browser doesnt support this. perhaps try dolphonHD, opera, or another one of the different browsers. or perhaps the stopping is built into the mobile versions of youtube.. i'm not really sure

you cannot compare mobile and desktop versions. they are built for different purposes.

or open youtube videos in youtube. that might work in the background while you browse. yes.. open it in the app not on the website version.

if you want to listed to music while you browse the web i highly suggest pandora radio, slacker radio, tunein radio or other app based radio service. second plus to this is that you can stream it to your car too.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.