What is the cheapest phone getting ICS update ?

G

hi all,
i am looking to buy a new phone which would get ics.
so please tell me which is the cheapest phone getting ics update.
dont mention price , it's different here in india.
please list 3-4 phones cuz not all are available in india.
i was thinking of live with walkman which is probably the cheapest

the cheapest phone is to keep your current android phone and use an aftermarket rom such as cyanogenmod or miui.

i've heard that cgm has a working ics and i know that miui (which i use) is in alpha stage at the moment. there are also other roms which are developed on ics.

G

no i want something official , because imao , custom edited generally have bugs & i don't want to root my phone too soon.

why would you possibly be worried about rooting a phone if you are already planning on buying a new one? its a win win solution. if you dont like the custom roms or rooting you can just go buy a new phone which you were planning on doing anyways.

true custom roms can have bugs but honestly its not as bad as you think. if you follow some of the bigger ones (cyanogen, miui) they have whole teams of volunteers who do the coding.

you said you wanted cheap... thats the cheapest option you can go.

as far as "phones that run 2.3 but will get 4.0" that is up to the manufacturers. the different brands are well known for holding out on updates or progressing so slow that you buy a new phone before an update ever comes. my phone was 2.2... and i never saw a 2.3 update for it. i had to root and rom for that to happen.

if you want ics without any hassle then the only way is to buy a phone with ics already on it.

G

so which phone supports all kinds of updates after rooting.i think samsung galaxy s is da cheapest one , but let me know

G

no , no problem for me in rooting but not all phones support all kinds of rooting.
like samsung galaxy phones (uk-us ones) mostly support all mods available with rooting , so i say if i am gonna root , which phone is good to go with , which phone supports all kind of mods , like cyanogen doesnt support live with walkman , and many others , so recommend a phone for rooting.

in general any of the popular models receive support.

these include the droid incredible series, galaxy series and droid series with a few others. check the supported phones lists on the miui or cyanogen website if you want to know details... i dont know every model supported (but those two roms support quite alot of phone models). smaller roms might only support the ones listed (officially, but they may have someone porting to another phone)

G

i checked on cyanogen , the cheapest phone available in india is wildfire s ,
i would like to go with live with walkman , cuz the difference here is not much.