What part is broken, GRAY MARK SPOT CIRCLE - CASE,LCD or DIGIT [PIC]

blackacidevil

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2011
Hi there,

I got this itouch for free and I was able to jailbreak it the other day so I could put on some different apps ill use like to do lists and ftping to my computer.

However, as you can see in the picture, theres this large grey spot. I've actually spent about 4 weeks, maybe 5 hours total looking for an answer of what i need to fix this. I normally order a pile of stuff from dealextreme.com, so Im just wondering now since apparently there is three parts to this device.

A screen cover, LCD and digitizer. Apparently this is a common error, i saw the answer once, but now i cant find it.
IMAG0123.JPG

Since I got this for free, I dont want to be directed to apple. Its even just a 1G iTouch.

Or is there something I can try ? Someone said white out and another person said it eventually goes away to some lucky people because its actually a pressed in screen or something but by the time you watch 3 to 4 hours of youtube videos. Youve got a bunch of kids, explaining something that takes 1 minute, and its a 11 minute video with lots of uhhh.. hmmmm. so like me and my friend last week, and this goes out to. Im not interested in the kids :) Thats why I was happy to see Tomshardware had a section for this. I realize im in the Iphone section, however, its the same type of device,

IMAG0123.JPG

Thanks
IMAG0124.JPG

Thanks
IMAG0126.JPG

Thanks
IMAG0130.JPG