Please help!! I don't know what to do!!

Foosemuck

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
The other day my iPhone 4 shut off by itself, it wouldn't turn back on and had at least 75% battery left. I plugged it into the wall, nothing, then I tried the computer and it came back on. I charged it overnight and when I woke up it was fine.

A few hours later I checked it and it was off. It didn't come back on again. I plugged it into my computer but this time it just kept going to the apple logo and turning off, like it was stuck in a loop.

I guess I should also mention that my power button is stuck down and the first time all of this happened I pushed down on it hard, so I think it is stuck in, but I had no problems with it.

Anyways, I put it into recovery mode and it stays on until I actually hit recover. It starts the process but after about 20 seconds the phone shuts off and the process stops. giving me an error code of -1.

I have tried to recover it at least 15 times. The whole time I have been typing this, the phone has been on plugged into my computer telling me to connect it to iTunes with it disconnecting and reconnecting every 15 minutes or so.

I have the latest version of iTunes, my phone is jailbroken and out of warranty, so I doubt I would get any help from the apple store.

Also, it may be the battery, I took the phone apart to change the colors and I checked the battery and it looks like a little bit of were it connects with the phone is torn. But some electric tape should take care of that right?

Any and all help and suggestions are welcome and I thank you in advance!!!

Foosemuck

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
UPDATE: Well, still isn't fixed but I think I figured out that it's a hardware problem. Mainly, the battery. It doesn't turn on when it isn't plugged into the wall or computer. And when it is plugged into the computer it turns off and on, I guess there isn't a steady stream of power through the usb. But I don't know.