HTC Inspire 4G(AT&T) restarting at random

Dominion88345

Honorable
May 11, 2012
So I recently just got an HTC Inspire from ebay because at&t wouldn't warranty my last phone that i had (sony ericson xperia play) mainly because brand new they are outrageously expensive through a store or through the site. Now I normally do not like ordering things like that from ebay because ebay is not one of my biggest fans in the first place. However the seller guaranteed the product is working as intended with zero problems.

However, around a day after using it, I noticed that it restarted itself, and once the boot is finished, it asks me if I would like to tell HTC about the abnormal reboot. So I click yes and as usual nothing is done about it or much less am I even contacted. Not a problem. But for the last 2 weeks, it does it about 4-5 times in a day. When its not restarting, the phone is perfect and there is nothing else wrong with it, it does exactly what it is supposed to do.

I'm not sure if whoever owned the phone previously just didn't do a full clean wipe and just corrupted some things or what may have happened. Is there a way to do a full wipe and reboot on an android devise safely? I'm not so current on the mobile end of technology yet so any help is much appreciated.