Sign in with
Your question

How to change read only files on SD cards

Last response: in Android Smartphones
Anonymous
August 24, 2010 12:29:31 AM

Hello,
im having problems with my SD card that was in my phone im trying to load it on my computer using the Sandisk adaptor but it says inorder for me to open the disk i have to format it. When i tried to do that it told me it couldnt be done and to change the read only settings.....now i have used this card before so i have no idea why its acting this way. And now my phone wont read the card either.

thank you for any help
August 30, 2010 7:27:46 AM

A common thing I run into with customers that have SD card problems is that the Memory car is locked. Most of them are miss labeled so I would slide the lock on the side of the memory card and try again. Hope this solves it.
m
l
March 19, 2012 3:44:06 PM

Quote:
Hello,
im having problems with my SD card that was in my phone im trying to load it on my computer using the Sandisk adaptor but it says inorder for me to open the disk i have to format it. When i tried to do that it told me it couldnt be done and to change the read only settings.....now i have used this card before so i have no idea why its acting this way. And now my phone wont read the card either.

thank you for any help

m
l
Related resources
April 17, 2012 8:42:08 PM

Connect ur card to pc ,run a error check using Tools
m
l
Anonymous
June 13, 2012 7:58:21 AM

Quote:
Hello,

thank you for any help

m
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter