AMOLED display or Dual Core processor dilemma.

Caustic Fox

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
I will be getting my first smartphone soon and have a question.

I am debating in between the Samsung Droid Charge and the Motorola Droid X2. I am mainly going towards the Charge for its AMOLED display. (I own a Cowon S9 so I know how awesome AMOLEDs are). However, there is something else that might make me change my decision.

The Motorola X2 has the dual-core processor advantage over the Samsung's Charge 1GHz Single-core. Now I have to ask:

Are multi-core smartphones really a necessity to have if one wants to stay current with times? I am asking this because I will plan on watching flash content mainly when browsing the internet from the phone.

Thoughts? :eek:

Solution
I would go with the dual core processor. Yes, an AMOLED screen looks nice because I too have a Cowon S9 player. However, when your phone slows down due to bloated apps or just too many apps, then you will be contemplating a new phone sooner rather than later with a single core CPU.

Just use your S9 to watch movies, that's what I do.
I would go with the dual core processor. Yes, an AMOLED screen looks nice because I too have a Cowon S9 player. However, when your phone slows down due to bloated apps or just too many apps, then you will be contemplating a new phone sooner rather than later with a single core CPU.

Just use your S9 to watch movies, that's what I do.

Solution