Sync iPhone 4 to a new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoneLine

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
Hi guys, i have a emergent problem for my iphone 4.
My old computer crashed. I now need to sync my iphone to a new computer. How can I do this when the iphone is only made to sync to one computer? help please!

Solution
Make sure you sign in iTunes and authorize the computer first.Then connect the iPhone,(cancel the sync),right click on your iPhone's icon in iTunes and select "Transfer purchases".
This way your apps/books will be synced with your new PC.
Make sure you sign in iTunes and authorize the computer first.Then connect the iPhone,(cancel the sync),right click on your iPhone's icon in iTunes and select "Transfer purchases".
This way your apps/books will be synced with your new PC.

Solution

sallyya90

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
First you need to authorize your PC with your iTunes account with iTunes if you haven't already done so. With your iPhone connected to iTunes and without syncing, at the iTunes menu bar go to File and select Transfer Purchases From - the name of your iPhone.
Besides what mentioned above, i like to share you a article about How to transfer or sync iPhone to new computer, which included transferring iPhone contents to computer/iTunes.
Hopefully this works for all of you like it just worked for me!

123max

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
If you still have your iTunes media folder, you can copy that to your music folder. The library file should be immediately found. If not, you will have to select it by holding control+shift (I think. Someone correct me if i am wrong) and then opening iTunes. You will then browse to where the .it file is and select it. If your music doesn't show up, you will have to add it all to iTunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.