Driver needed for LG Accolade cell phone

logannsan

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Hello,
My Dad has the LG Accolade that he has some pictures on and needs to download to his XP machine. XP does not recognize the phone(he says it looks for a driver but does not find one). I'm not sure what to do, as LG does not have a driver for the phone? I am having him check windows update to make sure the XP machine is updated, but other than that I'm not sure what he could do, other than buy a memory card for the phone, and transfer them that way. I remember a site that offered free drivers for alot of stuff, but I can not remember the url. Thanks for any help!

logannsan

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Thanks for the info. No CD came with the phone. I just told him to take it to a friends PC that has vista or Win 7 on it, or buy a micro memory card and copy it to the card and then the XP machine should see that. I would have taken care of it for him, but we don;t live in the same state anymore.

puissant

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
The LG web site only offers a driver (USB modem driver) which will allow a PC (with XP or later OS) to recognize some of the newer LG phones, and another driver (Outlook Sync driver) which synchronizes some of newer LG phones with Microsoft Outlook (contacts and calendar only). I was unable to find a way to access the pictures stored on the camera.