Sign in with
Your question

Is there an app for android phones that blocks outgoing calls

Last response: in Android Smartphones
October 6, 2011 4:10:44 PM

I have several numbers that I would like to block from being called from my Droid 3. I did contact Verizon about this and tried to take advantage of the Usage Control option they have, but was informed that because I have a data package I was unable to use the Usage Control. I have blocked what numbers I could from calling in but unfortunatly I need to block more than 5 and that is all I am allowed. I have found apps that will block incoming numbers but am having a hard time finding one that will block outgoing calls. Please help
October 7, 2011 12:57:38 AM

Why not just not call them?
Most apps you will find will block incoming calls, because outgoing calls require you to actually dial the number yourself...
m
l
October 7, 2011 10:16:14 PM

A possibility is that he drunk dials his ex-girlfriends. or maybe his daughter steals his phone to chat with friends and racks up minutes?

In the end, it doesn't really matter why, only if we know of such a thing.

Off hand, for the record, I don't know of one.
m
l
October 10, 2011 3:56:29 PM

sPease7992 said:
A possibility is that he drunk dials his ex-girlfriends. or maybe his daughter steals his phone to chat with friends and racks up minutes?

In the end, it doesn't really matter why, only if we know of such a thing.

Off hand, for the record, I don't know of one.

Why not just put a lock on the phone itself? With the droid, you can either set up a numerical or pattern lock on the phone if you're trying to stop someone else from using your phone.

Otherwise, here is apparently a list of apps that supposedly do what you are looking for. It was pretty easy to find via google:

http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/block+o...

m
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter