Galaxy Nexus

Strawhat66

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
Hello,

I recently bought a Galaxy Nexus from Amazon and i have been wondering and panicking about two things. By the way this phone is coming from USA and i live in Australia.

1- Will i be able to use a Australian sim card in the mobile phone even though i bought it from USA.

2- If it does not come with a Australian power supply will i be able to use my old LG P500 phone wall socket with the same battery and will i be able to use the usb charger/data cable.

Thanks all help in appreciated.

cggorman

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
As long as the SIM is a mini card, it should be fine. The GNex doesn't fit a normal/large card.

The power/data socket is standard micro USB. The stock charger is rated at 5v and 1000 mA. I have personally used both Motorola and LG chargers on my GNex without a problem, but lower amperage ones may not keep up if you are actively using the phone. My 950 mA Motorola car charger barely manages to gain charge with GPS navigation, bluetooth audio streaming and screen on.

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Using a charger that doesn't feed the demands of the battery/phone will hurt the battery life in the long run. Using a charger that outputs more power than what the phone is designed for can damage it.