Evo 3D ice cream sandwich

kit_fox

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
I just got notified that sprint has finally pushed out the ICS update to the evo 3d. I can't wait to get home and run the update but before I do has anyone already upgraded and noticed any bugs or quirks with the phone after running the update?

EDIT: Ran the update last night and just as a quick disclaimer it takes forever! file is about a 310MB download after which the phone takes around an hour to update and install the actual update and reboot. So far its running smoothly and I have definitely noticed the responsiveness is a bit better, however I have already noticed that when you pull up alot of menus even in the android native apps they end up cut off on the screen and you have to scroll down to select something further down the menu. It's a minor gripe but hopefully it will get fixed as the old Gingerbread OS did not have the same issue. anyone else's experiences would still be greatly appreciated.

kit_fox

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
I wanted to provide an update that the phone seems to handle low signal strength better now with the update which also included an update to sense 3.6 as well as some additional updates. I have noticed the stability has increased as well as before I was getting Sense crashes maybe once every day to few days. I have only had one unresponsive sense crash since the update so I will keep an eye on that as well. If anyone would like me to test something please let me know as I will be able to answer a question about the stock ROM update if anyone has any. Please be aware that the phone is not rooted and keep that in mind when requesting any information that would require root access.

kit_fox

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012

Just realized my typing mistake, Edited to correct the error as I was rapidly typing this out at work. Thanks.