No answer yet: any facebook apps for SD card storage?

ArtL7

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
I have a lower quality Android, LG Optimus V-- best price and plan I could afford with Virgin Mobile - and so I'm limited in storage space on the phone's internal memory. Are there any third-party or authorized Facebook/Twitter apps, separately or together, than can be stored on the SD card?

Thanks, Art

I subsequently found that Tweetcaster does go on an SD card, but I haven't found a facebook-only or combination social media app that includes twitter and facebook that does so.

Any suggestions?

im15

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
does ur phone have like a download setting?? because if so then u could go into it and change the download location to ur sd card. if not, why dont u just download them to ur internal memory then move them to ur sd card?

ArtL7

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
This Android 2.2 phone doesn't have a way to specify place to download it...plus I'm using all legal and available means to move the apps to storage on SD card. Are you an android owner? If so, you should be aware that some apps on android market cannot be placed on the SD card by their design -- among them are the original Twitter and Facebook apps. The only way one can move apps NOT designed to move to SD card is to do a complex approach called rooting the android operating system, which breaks the warranty.

So my question is aimed at those with knowledge of Android phones and the Android marketplace -- are there any android apps that can provide access to facebook that can be moved legally and with their design permissions to be moved to SD card?

Here's a sample question on that topic -- and the answer is wrong. Friendcaster CANNOT be moved to SD card.http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/356649-alternative-facebook-app-sd-card.html

Any other suggestions to my original questions?
Alternative Facebook app for SD card?
Can anyone please recommend a decent alternative Facebook app that can be moved to the SD card? I like the standard app, BUT it will not move to SD and is currently taking up 9 MB of my dwindling on board memory.

Does anyone know also if Tweetdeck will move to SD? [ARTL7 ANSWERS: HOOTSUITE, TWEETDECK, ETC. CANNOT BE MOVED TO SD CARD, WHICH IS WHY I AND OTHERS ARE ASKING THESE QUESTIONS>

Sponsors

ArtL7

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
I still don't have a useful answer on this issue -- tweetcaster does go to the SD card, but I haven't found a single-purpose facebook or combination social media that includes facebook that does.

Anyone have any useful ideas?

assassin123

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
oh . . . . . That is so simple problem just go to your mobile browser and type m.opera.com and download the opera mini or opera mobile its your choice yeah its a mobile web browser but it can solve your problem because when you try to download something with it.it will ask first that if you want to download it to your phone or card and thats it

ArtL7

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
How do we get a third-party facebook application downloaded to our SD card via opera without going through Android store?

Please tell me the name of any third-party facebook app that you've downloaded with the opera web browser -- and does that browser also go on the SD card, because I'm out of room for new apps on internal memory? -- and actually transferred to the SD card.

Again, these responses are , unfortunately, generalities from people who aren't addressing the specific question in this post.

What apps that work with facebook can be transferred directly to SD card: what are their names, and how we do it?

Unless you've actually accomplished this, and can offer specifics, such general advice isn't very helpful.

Thanks for commenting, though.....
Art

G

This problem's driving me crazy too! I've got a Galaxy Ace which comes with only 160MB internal storage. My FB App is over 16MB plus 5MB data stored in the app (21MB!). Why is the FB app so ***? On my phone Linkedin is 3MB (and on the SD card), Twitter 7MB.

Try onefeed social. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andromo.dev21602.app21095

I'm not sure how much functionality the app has (it may be little more than bookmarked links to mobile web pages) but it does work and is saved to my SD. It's only 440KB and can access Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Myspace, Youtube, Google+ and others. Other reviews seem to suggest that the mobile web page for Facebook is pretty good and looks the same as the app - most people with our problem just use that (the app wants permissions to access everything too). You can keep the Facebook messenger app (on SD, only 3-4MB) so you get notifications for messages.

Hope this helps.
M