Rooting help

umdoobby

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
Lest me start off by saying that my phone is working I did not brick my phone that is not why I'm here.

I have an HTC Inspire 4g, it has been a good phone for a while now but it has started to slow down considerably, I want to install Cyanogenmod as to get rid of all the AT&T system apps that I don't use. I attempted to root it once and it says it was successful I have the BusyBox app as well as the SuperUser app installed and working properly, I was even able to to boot my phone into Clockwork Recovery, but that's where I start to get unsure. The menu on the Clockwork recovery seemed a bit if-y, the only time i could see the menu is if I moved the selection up or down using the volume buttons, but it was only visible for a second. As well as, I didn't think I could actually select anything (your suppose to use the power button to choose an item yes?) when i presses the power button in recovery the charging light starts to flash and it vibrates three times. I rooted it last night, today it seems that I can't even get to the recovery screen even though it says that it is rooted still, it is still able to fast boot. My point is that while it did root the phone it seems a little off, my question to you is, is it safe to repeat the process of rooting the phone in an attempt to fix those problems (ignoring the risks involved with the rooting process itself)?

Thanks

umdoobby

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
I have just got Cyanogen mod working, everything works great, no lag, better battery life, newer version of Android and best of all none of those AT&T system apps like blockbuster rentals.

But there is still something that I could use some help with and that is, how do I install the play store?

umdoobby

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
I kept playing with it, installed the latest version of Cyanogenmod as well as the latest Google app pack so my account is syncing and everything is going well.