How to stream mp3's from droid to PC speakers

prelude2250

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
Hello,I have the droid with the official dock or multimedia station, whatever. I'd like to have the audio from my phone transmit to my pc and go out of my pc speakers. It seems like bluetooth is the way to do it.I have the bluetooth car kit which does it well. (in my car obviously) Are there any apps or software I dont know about? It would be real nice to be able to stream music to my pc from my phone while its sitting in the dock. Thanks for any input.

If your just buy a male-to-male 3.5mm jack cable you can connect one end to the headphone jack on your Droid and connect the other end to the sound card line-in jack or to the speaker's line-in jack (if it has one).

mynameismolotov

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
+1 on the headphone jack, that's what I do often, and it's quick and easy. Or if the speakers plug into your computer with just a 3.5mm jack, you could just unplug from computer and plug it into your phone, if it's easily accessible. You can also just use your sync cable, as grid said, and mount the SD card and play the songs directly on the computer.

Winamp has an Android app available, I don't know much about it but it might have built in support for wireless playing from device to PC?