Your question

Windows on Nokia N97?

Tags:
  • Windows Phone
  • Nokia
  • World Of Warcraft
Last response: in Windows Phone
May 24, 2010 7:33:17 AM

Seeing as how My Nokia N97 has 32Gb of memory without any memcard in it, :whistle:  And World of Warcraft is 22Gb atm :D  , I thought I'd see if I can get windows mobile to work on it and I can have WoW on my phone, :pt1cable: 
Before all you Nay-Sayers :non:  and flamers :fou:  start, its purely for the 'I've got WoW on my mobile' factor, :lol:  I know theres no way I could actually play it :cry:  , just to see if it can be done,
So, Any Ideas?

More about : windows nokia n97

a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 24, 2010 3:50:35 PM

I don't think its possible,i haven't seen any OS'es ported to N97 yet
May 24, 2010 6:11:03 PM

I have seen a N97 copy that windows mobile, but I'd not waste my money on one :p  Maybe I could run windows as an app of some sort though?
Related resources
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 25, 2010 8:18:20 AM

Can you provide a link of it ? Which version did it run ?
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 25, 2010 1:56:33 PM

lol,that's what i guessed,its not a real N97,there are lots of this fake phones with Winmo,but in general,i haven't seen Winmo or android ported to N97
September 22, 2012 6:30:20 PM

I got Android working on N97 but its a real horror cause not everyting works fine first ... i must take many modifications manually ... but finally it works, but slow and i need the fuuking google everywhere ... so i changed it back to symbian anna ... in the moment i want to modify it again ... installing symbian belle ... or better windows mobile 6.5 (developers edition by russian - including english language) ... i finally changed my asus p525 from windows mobile 5 to the russian wm6.5 version and its a dream ... and its smaller and faster ... i know one n97 including wm ... but i dont know actually how to install the "RomGalaxy.nb0" ... but i know it will work ...and ... i hate every one who says "IT WILL WORK AND YOU LOST YOUR GUARANTEE" ... *** OFF!!! ... i think every one knows about these facts ... !!!
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 25, 2012 5:42:49 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
Seeing as how My Nokia N97 has 32Gb of memory without any memcard in it, :whistle:  And World of Warcraft is 22Gb atm :D  , I thought I'd see if I can get windows mobile to work on it and I can have WoW on my phone, :pt1cable: 
Before all you Nay-Sayers :non:  and flamers :fou:  start, its purely for the 'I've got WoW on my mobile' factor, :lol:  I know theres no way I could actually play it :cry:  , just to see if it can be done,
So, Any Ideas?

Windows Mobile is not Windows. You can't install a regular desktop application to it. You need an x86 capable processor and operating system for that.
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS
despair