What is the best 3g CDMA Evdo Android for reception and speed

anamolydetected

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
Hi...i am on a CDMA EvDo Rev. A network. I am getting decent data speeds with a mororola milestone, but i live in a tropical jungle...and i sometimes lose 3g signal. I am still on my 2 week trial for this phone, and my provider does not care if i use an unlocked phone.

Does anyone have recommendations on a different phone with better reception for 3G?? I am currently getting between -92dBm and -99dBm. I went searching all over google and the forums here also...but most posts are either outdated, or are about 4G/LTE..but I get 3g only. Any recommendations will be appreciated!! Thanks!

anamolydetected

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
I guess i should have said...i don't care if the phone is even a couple years old. I'm trying to buy one on Ebay for under $150...i also do not care how 'fancy' the phone is...it will be used exclusively for tethering. Thanks for your reply halycon!

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004

You don't think you'd be better off with an aircard or MiFi?

anamolydetected

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012

I thought about that option...the company is Mobi PCS, and their internet exclusive plan is around 55-60 for 5gig...but for almost the same price i get unlimited everything on an android. AND the manager guy in the store said there ACTUALLY was no data cap unless I am constantly using a serious amount of bandwidth to the point that it effects other users in my area.

I have already used around 10gigs of tether, and my data speeds have not slowed down yet :) Plus, i like having unlimited voice mins and texts...it saves me from having two separate bills.

So, i'm still not sure of which phone has the best reception of the 3 that i listed...Suggestions??