My phone cannot see my WiFi Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

manopka

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
I have a Samsung Continuum running on 2.2.1. A few days ago I accidentally turned off SSID Broadcasting on my router but then I turned it back on. Since then my phone cant find my router. Everything else in my house can see it. Today I reset my router to factory settings and it worked for 30 seconds. Then it disappeared again.

manopka

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
UPDATE: I download a third party wifi manager from the Google Play store and it was able to find my network and connect to it. So I guess problem solved but Id still like to fix the original problem.

vanstrien

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2007
Any chance your wifi is setup for non-US networks, but your phone is?

I'm traveling and I have several tablets and phones that are setup for the US. I couldn't join my friend's wifi network even though he was sure it was broadcasting its SSID. Because his equipment was setup for outside the US it defaulted to channel 13, which my US equipment could not see.

When he set the channel to 2 manually I could see and connect.

William Hilton

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013

Thank you! This solved a similar problem I was having. I just bought a router in Korea and my Nexus S wouldn't see the WiFi. Changed it to channel 1, works fine with my phone now. :)

MaxMaximilan

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
Try setting-cycling, a bit like power-cycling, but where you turn a setting off then on again, or toggling between WEP settings for example. In my case I tried toggling between visible and invisible SSID and then I toggled between WEP/None/WPA etc... And voila like white fella magic it all works great.

einfostreet

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
Hello,

Even I was facing the same problem before few days on my new galaxy S1. But then I formatted whole phone with entire phone memory. I thing it was virus problem and that is why I was facing such problem. Once I formatted whole phone I gave it a try and its wifi automatically started working. I recommend you to do the same...

But please take backup of all important things from your phone like contacts and photos. or else you will lose them..

Best Regards,
eInfoStreet

Nikhil_31

Estimable
Sep 19, 2015
Thanks a lot! I had the same problem and this solution worked for me!

Vincent_21

Commendable
May 23, 2016
I have same problem with my Tablet, it could not see my wifi but other wifi from my neighbor is visible. I just want to share this maybe this will help, Log in to my wifi setting http://192.168.1.1, enter your username and password. I set the channel to Auto or change channel from 1-13 then save.. After the settings, TURN on the WPS button on your router and in your tablet turn on "Search Button" which has symbol of Two arrows pointing in opposite directions. Wait until it found your wifi then press OK. That's it!

George_220

Prominent
Jun 28, 2017
So I had this problem with my moto G5 and I couldn't find my wifi. Did all of the above, but no. I got out the old router and that one I popped up and worked fine. So after a long day of stress to get it to work, my mom brought me to the store to get a SIM card. The guy in the store put the SIM card in wrong, so when I checked I was utterly surprised. Anyway I put it in correctly. And all of a sudden wifi pops up no problem. So my theory is that some phones only support the basic features and the SIM just unlocks the rest. Hope this helped, glad if it did.

hitesh12

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010

Anyone know how to perform these instructions?

imran.imac

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017

Hello,

can you please name that third party wifi manager. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.