Samsung Galaxy Note OR SIII

jatin21

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
Hello All,
Which is better SIII or Galaxy Note...?
Based on specs both are almost equivalent.
But I want the overall comparison.
Thanks in advance.
:??: :hello:

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
Having had the S3 and now the Note II I can say that they're both great phones. The Note II is a little faster, but the SIII is still quite fast. Both phones have the same screen resolution so the SIII looks a little bit smoother but Note II looks great too and the bigger screen is definitely appreciated. If the bigger size and the extra cost of the note are not negatives I would suggest that, as you also get the quite useful S Pen.

iphonerepairs

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
Note is greater and heavier, not much but there is a difference.Is longer with about 10 mm and heavier with 45 grams. Yet, to the screen size Note ranks first in the Galaxy category from Samsung. The difference between the two screens is approximately 0.5-inch in favor of the Note.

skaz

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
This comes down to one fundamental question. What is your personal preference in regards to the size of such a device?

If you have no concern what so ever about size, go with the note 2.

If you do have even a slight concern about the size, go to a local store, ask the associates if you can sample the note 2 and if you can do a pocket test. Determine if it feels okay or if it's to big. Then go from there.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
After the novelty of the Note II wore off (2 weeks) I realized that the device is just too big to be a convenient phone and too small to be a good tablet. An S3 and Nexus 7 proved to be better (and because of black Friday deals) and more economical.

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
I have a friend that uses the GS3 and I picked up the Note II 3 weeks ago. We've run comparisons (On T-Mobile 4G) and the Note II is slightly faster with all applications. Mostly due to the quad core processor vs the dual core of the S3. Now, the difference isn't marginal so it's not a deal breaker.

The screen size of the Note II is awesome for me. I'm a tall guy with long fingers and texting on small screens is horrendous. The Note II offers the best screen for me since I prefer texting and it's the perfect size. When I first got the Note II it seemed so big because I wasn't used to it. However, after the few weeks of having it, it seemed normal. Now when I see my Girlfriends iPhone... i can't believe how small it is. It really puts smaller phones into perspective.

In the long run, these phones are almost identical in features. The note II has a few extras that I particularly enjoy. The S-Pen really comes in handy as it doesn't have to touch the screen. It helps highlight and select options much easier. It also has a scroll over effect in many applications that allow you to see more before a selection, much like the mouseover effect on a PC. The screen size is larger and the processor is a bit more powerful. All in all, both phones are great. Size and functionality are what you'll need to decide. As other mentioned, play with some at a store and get a feel for what fits your hand and functionality better.

Good luck and enjoy your new Samsung phone :)

chanelight

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
S3 also use quad core, but Note II slightly faster speed, 1.4 GHz vs 1.6 GHz

skaz

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011

Only the International, South Korea, and China version has a quad core CPU. The U.S. version has a dual core Qualcomm CPU.

The quad-core CPU in the international version (GTI9300) is rated at 1.4GHz.

The dual-core within the U.S. version of the phone runs at 1.5GHz.

chanelight

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012

you should say that ONLY some variants of S III in the U.S have dual core CPU. The others are using quad core Exynos.

OP didn't specify his location, so I assume that he/she was asking about the international and unlocked version of Galaxy S III, not the U.S version or anything that was limited only for U.S users that are carrier locked.

skaz

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011

Actually, your reply was to someone who stated they were using the T-mobile network. The t-mobile "variant" uses the dual core CPU. :hello:

chanelight

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012

oh wait... I missed that lol... sorry for that :D