Bluetooth Device for Desk Phone

eocoolj

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
Hello:

I am pretty sure the product I am seeking exists, but I have been unable to find it after a lengthy google search. Hopefully you will be able to help me.

What I want to find is a bluetooth device that will allow me to pair my desk phone(traditional, non-IP phone) with a cell phone. The idea would be that, once paired with my cell phone, I could both make and receive calls from a desk phone, but the call would go out via the cell (a blackberry in my case). The device would be able to accept dialing from the desk phone, and would also be capable of making the desk phone ring.

Im envisioning this being just a little box that you plug any phone into, but I haven't been able to find anything. I have found several desk phones with bluetooth capability built in, but nothing that would allow me to turn any home phone into a bluetooth phone.

Can you help me? Thanks

eocoolj

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
No I am not sure it exists, but it just seems like something which isnt very far fetched to imagine existing, and I just feel like I have heard of similar products before..

eocoolj

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
Bump, nobody has any ideas? I would settle for something non-bluetooth as well. Basically any device that would allow you to use a home phone to make calls through my cell phone.

jtsonphone

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
yeah,I would settle for something non-bluetooth as well. Basically any device that would allow you to use a home phone to make calls through my cell phone.
6.gif

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
I know for a fact that these types of devices exist. I actually have a similar setup with my house phones. Essentially, I can pair my cell phone to the wireless base for my home phone. If I get a phone call on my cell while I'm at home, my house phone will ring and the handset I answer acts like a bluetooth set for my cell.

Also there's no "talk" button on the handset, there's a "home" button and a "cell" button. If you dial a number and press cell, it will call it through your cell phone's line. If you press home, it will use your home line.

I can't seem to find the model number, but this is what the phone looks like:
img20130327151604.jpg