Straighttalksmartphones that work off verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

cary_56

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
Verizon is the only carrier that works well for me. Too costly for me. Which straight talk smartphones use the verizon cell towers?

Thanks for your input

ken winston caine

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012

Samsung Galaxy Proclaim is -- as far I've found so far -- the only Straight Talk Android that runs off the Verizon towers. All but one* of the other Straight Talk Androids are on the Sprint towers. Straight Talk may have other Verizon droids planned since some folks, like you and me, want smartphones and do not live in an area served by Sprint, but which are served strongly by Verizon.

I found some reviews this week of the Samsung Galaxy S S950c also known as the Showcase which said it runs off Verizon towers on Straight Talk. It's a pricey phone from Straight Talk ($250) but is said to deliver excellent signal and long battery life. I have not confirmed that the W950c runs off Verizon.

Straight Talk is selling the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim for $150 currently on the Walmart site. It's supposedly the same as the Samsung Illusion offered by other carriers.

* The OTHER Straight Talk Android that doesn't run on the Sprint towers is the ZTE Merit Z990G. It runs off the AT&T network.

Status
Not open for further replies.