Sign in with
Your question

Stolen tablet tracking

Last response: in Android Smartphones
July 4, 2012 4:14:46 AM

My tablet (elocity A7+) was stolen a few hours ago and I was wondering if there was anyway to track it. I have since changed all the passwords I had saved on it. Since it is an Android device, it signs into Google at start up and I was wondering maybe if I filed a police report, they could ask Google to track the log in info of my account. I also have the MAC address of the device. I don't think there was video surveillance where it was stolen but I could be wrong.

More about : stolen tablet tracking

July 7, 2012 8:45:19 PM

u can try to contact google and ask ,

there are several tracking properties for simcard based tablet and gps's but for gps tracking sometimes u need 3rd party software ,

altho if u have the serial number the gps serial number should be included ,
go to the police and contact google
m
l
January 11, 2013 8:37:32 AM

hi,
unfortunately i had my asus transformer tab stolen, and i went to the police and said they aren't allowed to track it because its a "minor crime", or follow it up (even though i had all the reciepts, so on) and also that if i tracked it, and tried to get it back myself that i could be charged for it -_____-

but best of luck! if you had google maps installed on it, try checking google latitude as it update your google maps location every hour or so which means you can potentially track it and go after it if you wanted too
m
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter