Looking at possible phone upgrade.

manshiny

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
Hello folks.

I'm looking at possibly updating to a slightly newer phone. In all honesty, I haven't kept myself updated because new tech comes out every 3 months, and I really can't be bothered keeping myself updated.

I currently own a Samsung Galaxy S, which I've owned since its release. Honestly, I'm very happy with it, and I'd keep it but I've noticed it's not performing as well as the newer phones. I threw in a new battery a few months ago, and it ran wonderfully since, but I feel she's on her last legs and is ready to hit the hay.

So, I guess I should state what I'd be looking for. my main use for my phone is obviously calls and texts. I live in New Zealand, so I guess I'd need something unlocked to work on Vodafone NZ or Telecom NZ. My budget is going to vary on whatever phone choices I come down to.

I also use my phone for other communication apps like Skype (I find it loads slowly and gets laggy on my current S), Viber and Steam (also quite laggy). One of the main uses is for Music, so a good quality music player would be great I guess.

I don't use the camera too much, but seeing as I may end up traveling a lot in the upcoming years I would love a great quality camera. AND I occasionally play some games, so, it would be nice to have a phone that can run them well.

I'd like to stick with Android, I really, REALLY do not like Apple products. I was thinking of going with the S2, but I want something that will last me 2-3 years easily, as my current phone has.

So what would be suggested? I'd like to buy from the USA, or Australia. I've seen the new Sony Ericsson Xperia Z, and it looks pretty cool. I'd like to get something practical of course and do not plan on buying another phone for a good 3-4 years.

Solution
I recommend these phones, I'm not sure about your budget so they'll just be the ones I think are good.

LG Nexus 4
the newer Xperia line
Samsung Galaxy S III
LG Optimus G (if its available in your area)

What you could do with your current phone is install a custom ROM, I find that helps freshen up the whole phone.

Martin9630

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
I recommend these phones, I'm not sure about your budget so they'll just be the ones I think are good.

LG Nexus 4
the newer Xperia line
Samsung Galaxy S III
LG Optimus G (if its available in your area)

What you could do with your current phone is install a custom ROM, I find that helps freshen up the whole phone.

Solution

manshiny

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011

Thanks, finally a reply!
I'll look into those phones now :)